Today I gave my speech. In case you haven’t already guessed, the intention was to persuade people that cats ARE in fact better than dogs. While I compiled a lot of the points myself, I got some help from some online sources that have some fun facts about cats, or as I call them, CAT FACTS!
- Cats can’t taste sweet things because they do not have the right taste buds to taste sugar.
- Isaac Newton invented the cat-flap door
- Not only was Abraham Lincoln a cat lover, he also had four of his own in the White House!
- Cats are more sensitive to ultrasonic sounds than dogs.
- A cat’s fur can easily become electrically charged, and when their fur is rubbed in the dark, you can see sparks (I bet your dog can’t do that).
- The pattern on a cat’s nose is different from cat-to-cat, like a fingerprint.
- A group of kittens is called a kindle.
- A group of adult cats is called a clowder.
If this isn’t enough Cat Facts for you, the following websites have LOADS more stuff about how cool and interesting cats are.
In the end, it’s down to personal belief and if you’re a true dog person, there’s no way I can persuade you to like cats, just like I would never be persuaded that dogs are better than cats. It would be betraying their trust!
– Annabelle Amos